ShopMate now offers you a parcel consolidation service for parcels from the same USA retailer. This allows you to combine up to 5 packages into one consolidated parcel, and save on your base shipping cost.
Here’s how it works:
- Every time you receive a new package, we send you an email notification to let you know.
- Rather than declaring and paying for a package as it comes in, you wait until all your packages have arrived.
- Once all your packages have arrived, log into your account and click on "My Shopping" where you can view all your received packages.
- Click on 'Request to consolidate' (below the 'Proceed to checkout' button) and select the packages you wish to consolidate. A maximum of 5 packages from the same merchant will be accepted.
- Once your packages have been consolidated, we’ll send you an email notification to let you know it’s ready for you to checkout.
Important things to note:
- We can only consolidate packages from the same retailer (i.e. the invoices for these packages are issued by the same entity).
- The standard shipping restrictions, including limit to the size and weight of a ShopMate parcel, apply to the consolidated parcel.
- Consolidation request takes up to 2 business day to process. You can only checkout and pay after the packages has been successfully consolidated into one parcel.
- After packages have been consolidated into a single parcel for shipping they cannot be separated again.
- A consolidated parcel cannot be consolidated with other packages.
- You have 21 days from the arrival of the first package to request for consolidation with other packages, otherwise extra holding fee may apply.
- The combined value of your parcels will increase when you consolidate. Please be aware that your consolidated parcel may be subject to GST or Customs Duty if the value exceeds $1000.
Scenarios where we will not able to consolidate your packages:
- If packages are from different US retailers
- If packages contain dangerous or prohibited goods
- If consolidated package exceed the size and weight limit of a ShopMate parcel
- If packages have already been consolidated into one.