|Example product||Base rate (AUD)||Weight rate (AUD)||Total (AUD)|
|Pair of women's shoes
For example: 50cm X 30cm X 40cm
= 60,000cm3 ÷ 6,000
= 10kg cubic weight
If the actual weight of your parcel is 9kg but the cubic weight is 10kg, we'll charge you the cubic weight because it is greater. But if the parcel's actual weight is 16kg, we'll charge you the actual weight because it is greater than the cubic weight of 10kg.
- a maximum girth of 200cm
- no one side greater than 1.05m in length
- a dimension greater than 0.25 cubic metres
In the event that a parcel exceeds our weight or dimension restrictions, you will be notified and given the option to either pay for a return to the US merchant, or alternatively, pay AUD5 to have the item destroyed in the US.
When your parcel arrives at our US warehouse, it will be assessed to see if it can be repacked in new packaging. This is done by comparing the difference between the parcel's volumetric weight and its actual weight. If the difference is greater than 2kg, the parcel will be repacked in more appropriate packaging.
Parcels will not be repacked in new packaging if:
- they do not have a weight difference greater than 2 kg
- they contain protective manufacturer's packaging e.g. styrofoam
- they are in manufacturer's branded packaging e.g. shoe boxes
Repacking is done at ShopMate’s discretion. We will only repack when necessary and when the safety of the package will not be compromised. At this stage, you will not be able to choose whether or not to have your parcel repacked.
Items valued over USD2,500 will be subject to an additional customs clearance procedure in the US. You will be notified in this instance and provided with a Shippers Export Declaration (SED) form to complete.
Items equal to or above AUD1000 may be subject to additional duties and taxes upon arrival in Australia. You will need to refer to the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service website for details.
ShopMate may also charge the following fees under certain circumstances:
- Holding Fee for unpaid parcels: A holding fee of AUD2.00 per parcel per day may apply for parcels that are held for more than 21 days from the processed date
- Penalty Fee for unprocessed parcels: ShopMate may also impose a penalty for unprocessed items belonging to you, which are abandoned at our US facility
- Repacking Fee for special items: ShopMate may charge for repacking of special or fragile items to ensure safe delivery
- AQIS Held Fee for special items: ShopMate may charge a fee of AUD85.00 to have the documents reviewed and assessed by Australian Quarantine.
- Items requiring Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS): Should your consignment require inspection in Australia, ShopMate may charge a fee of AUD250.00 per parcel. This fee comprises of the document assessment fee along with Inspection at a Quarantine approved premise.
- Additional Clearance fee for high value items: ShopMate may charge an additional clearance fee of AUD183 for high value items over AUD1000
To buy Extra Cover, simply select it as an additional feature when you pay for your item on ShopMate.
It costs only AUD2.50 per AUD100.00 of your parcel’s value. Please note that the value of your item is determined by its purchase price as detailed on the merchant’s invoice.